2013 Kia Forte Timing Chain Replacement
Replacement of timing Chain for kia Forte 16valve 2.0L INLINE 4 engine, 2012 model.
Remove the battery negative terminal.
Jack the front right side, support the engine with garage jack or special tool, and then remove the engine mounting insulator.
Adjust the Alternator to remove the drive belt.
Lose the ignition coil (remove the socket wires).
Lose the cylinder head cover.
Lose the alternator.
Lose the water pump.
Lose the crankshaft pulley.
Leak out the engine oil.
Lose the engine bottom plate.
Read More: 2022 Kia Carens,Spec & Review.
Remove the timing chain cover.
Rotate the crankshaft clockwise and align the timing mark to get the No. 1 cylinder’s piston be in TDC position.
Then lose the timing chain adjuster.
How To Install Timing Chain:
- Recheck the timing marks.
- Install the timing chain, (must be new chain don’t install used one).
- Install the timing chain cover (gently).
- Install the cylinder head cover (with a new gasket).
- Install water pump (use gasket).
- Install the bottom plate (use gum and gasket)
- Install the crankshaft pulley.
- Install the alternator.
- Adjust the alternator to install the drive belt.
- Put the engine oil back (if bad use new oil).
- Connect the fuel hose and the PCSV (Purge control solenoid valve).
- Connect the FPCV (Fuel pressure control valve) connector, the intake CMPS (Camshaft position sensor) connector, and the exhaust CMPS (Camshaft position sensor) connector.
- Connect the ignition coil connectors, the injector extension connector, the VIS (Variable intake system) connector, and the PCSV (Purge control solenoid valve) connector.
- Connect the intake OCV (Oil control valve) connector and the exhaust OCV (Oil control valve) connector.
- Connect the A/C compressor switch connector, the alternator connector, and the cable from the alternator “B” terminal.
- Install the air cleaner assembly and then connect the air intake hose.
- Connect the breather hose.
- Install the air duct
- Install the engine cover.
- Connect the battery negative terminal.
Start the engine and allow it to steam at least 60 mins. Share this post…Tags: Forte, Hyundai, Kia